Prologue

         Hello! My name is Stefanie Voinea and I am an interior design student at Ringling College in my first year. One of my favorite past times is to sit down in a cozy spot in my room with some coffee and a good book. I've always loved to read, whether it's been fiction or non-fiction, and almost any kind of genre. I grew up as an only child as my twin sisters were born when I was nine years old, so I had a lot of time by myself where I was either playing outside or reading a book. For me, books were and still are, a whole world just waiting to be unraveled in my imagination. I would have a picture of every detail that was in book, even the implied ones. What a room looked like, what the environment outside was like, and what the people were wearing were all details that I loved to let my imagination run wild with. Even today as a college student, I still love to do the same thing, although I do read more non fiction books now.
        As a design student, I'm more detail oriented and I pay attention to the small things around me. I would rather see the good in the world, because there is always some good even in all the bad things we see. I think that assumption of the world that I have comes from the fact that I'm a Christian and everything I do is centered around my faith or goes back to it in some way. As a reader, I love to imagine what the world could be like or try to see it as it should be, and I think this comes from my love of fiction books. At the same time, I see the reality of the world and accept the way it is but realize that there can always be change. So, all of these aspects that make me who I am influence the assumptions I have of my world and the perspective I have when I read and analyze.
     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Story Questions

"My Favorite Thing Is Monsters" Commentary

Wes Anderson Commentary